With a moist, cakey outside and a gooey, saucy inside, it’s hard to believe that all it takes is just 20 minutes and 5 ingredients to make this chocolate lava cake!
Try it once and I assure you addiction will follow.
Whenever I have late night cravings for something sweet, this recipe comes into mind because it is so easy to prepare!
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g semi sweet chocolate
- 25g plain flour
- 35g castor sugar (reduced from 75g)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 200C. Butter two ramekins well.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of hot water (or microwave it).
- Let it cool before adding sugar, then egg and vanilla essence, followed by flour. Mix well
- Pour the mixture into the ramekin and bake for 10-12 minutes. The tops should be firm to touch and the middles feel squidgy. Run a knife around the cake and turn out into serving plates.