Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls recipe – it has never been easier with just a few ingredients!
All you need is just sake, mirin, soya sauce and sugar to make your own teriyaki sauce. The sauce goes so well with salmon, chicken, beef slices, meat balls and even burger patties. You can substitute sake and mirin with some Chinese rice wine + sugar if you do not have them in your pantry.
Here’s the video recipe! Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 boneless chicken drumstick, with skin
- Combine soya sauce, sugar, mirin and sake in measuring cup, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Season the chicken drumstick with salt.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and pan fry till cooked.
- Add teriyaki sauce mixture; cook, stirring, about 1 minute, or until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Spoon chicken and sauce over rice in large individual serving bowls. Serve vegetables on top of rice or on the side, as desired.