Ril’s Steakhouse @ Jalan Tun H S Lee

IMG_5806
Nestled in a 100-year-old building in the heart of Chinatown, Ril’s Steakhouse opened its door last December with the aim of providing KL-ites with the best meat in the city. We chose to have our Christmas dinner here after hearing some good comments about the food. Parking could be an issue. We parked at an open car park on a back alley about 50 meters before Ril’s Steakhouse and the 50 meters walk was pretty terrifying. We felt as if we could get robbed/mugged any time because Jalan Tun HS Lee was dead quiet at night.
IMG_5805
Taking the parking issue aside, The Warehouse Gallery and Cafe which houses Ril’s Steakhouse is a nice place. One can take a stroll to admire the art work on display or simply enjoy a cuppa.

IMG_5802
When the proprietor Tunku Khairil Ibrahim and his wife Laurie first spotted this old shop lot, they immediately fell in love with the space and decided it would be criminal to waste such a beautiful building. I felt the same too!
IMG_5743
Stepping into Ril’s Steakhouse, one will be easily attracted by the soaring ceilings, cosy leather furniture, and raw industrial accents amidst the rustic decor. White tablecloths and the hanging chandelier create a classy feel.
IMG_5649

IMG_5686

IMG_5679

IMG_5652

IMG_5651

IMG_5659
Ril’s Steakhouse menu features simple yet refined steakhouse classics with a selection of mouth watering starters, mains, sides and desserts. Head Chef and Owner, Tunku Khairil Ibrahim knows meat and just how to cook it. The steak at Ril’s Steakhouse is either Malaysia-reared Gemas Gold or air-flown Australian Angus steaks – we love the fact we know where our meet is coming from.
IMG_5655
The types of butter they serve here reminds me of Prime @ Le Meridien.
IMG_5663
We loved the bread roll too! It was so flavourful and dense! We tried not to eat too much but it’s awfully hard to resist the wonderful aroma of the freshly baked bread roll.
IMG_5712
We started our meal with Lobster Bisque (RM 24) which combines the best flavour of the ocean. It was so creamy and every mouthful was bursting with flavour.
IMG_5720
Ril’s Tiga Rasa Scallop (RM 24) was served in three unique ways, with an intense flavour profile moving from sweet to sour to salty. It brings out the best flavour of these plump and juicy scallops.
IMG_5733

IMG_5737

IMG_5750
Slightly charred on the outside and vibrantly pink on the inside, our order of rib eye (RM 99, 500g) was incredibly tender, perfectly seasoned and rich with flavour. It is best to eat without speaking, savouring ever mouthful. The generous portion can easily feed two too. We made a wise decision of sharing the 500g portion. There’s also lady’s portion available for sale at RM 68, 300g.
IMG_5754

IMG_5775

IMG_5769
Just like any other steak house, patrons can choose from the sides available; be it spinach, mushroom, fries, onion rings or baked potatoes (from RM 10 to RM 18).
IMG_5778
Our order of Double Baked Potato Royale, Truffled (RM 18) was way beyond excellence! The potatoes were baked and cooked until done. The potatoes were then sliced and the contents were scooped out, leaving the skin to form a shell. The contents were then mixed with butter, cream, truffle and seasonings to achieve a creamy consistency. Place them back onto the shell, sprinkle on some cheese and return the potatoes to the oven. So much work but tasted so good!
IMG_5786
Each of us got a complimentary mulled wine from the restaurant manager. It is a traditional drink during Christmas in the Germany. It is actually red wine combined with spices and  served warm.
IMG_5795
Dessert was Salted Gula Melaka Ice Cream (RM 12) from The Last Polka. Good ice cream although a tad too sweet for our likings.
ril's
If you want incredible steak then this is the place for you, with great ambiance, attentive and friendly services, best quality steak and reasonable pricing. In terms of value for money, Ril’s Steakhouse is pretty hard to beat. KampungBoy thought it was the best RM 200 spent on a satisfactory dinner as such. For my overseas readers, it’s also easy to come visit this restaurant due to a lot of cheap flights available.

Ril’s Steakhouse.
The Warehouse Gallery & Cafe,
Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-2022-0528.

Ril’s Steakhouse is open from 4.30pm to midnight daily, Tuesday to Sunday. Between 5pm and 7pm on weekdays, the Ril’s Happy Hour offers 2for1 cocktails, RM30 jugs of beer and RM60 jugs of frozen margarita, with the irresistible allure of free steak sandwiches. It is also open for lunch from 12pm onwards on Friday and Saturday, and for champagne brunch on Sundays from 11.30am to 2.30pm.

For reservations call +60) 3 2022 0528, email info@thewarehouse.com.my or visit www.thewarehouse.com.my

Ril's Steakhouse

Comments

1. Timing says:

300gm of meat is the lady’s size?!? I’m doomed if I ever visit, will be too macho to order lady size and so I’ll get the 500gm “man” portion and then end up over eating D: …

lol! then just share the man’s portion with ur partner

2. Jess says:

very nice place not only to enjoy the meal, but also to take photos :D

yeah classy place

3. Baby Sumo says:

Better than Prime?

I also love the interior of the place (visited the gallery before) but parking is also an issue for me.

for us yes la. somehow it tasted better than our RM 200+ steak at prime

4. A good romantic place n d banner just say best steak in kl…. Hmm wonder got anyone protest it?

haha let’s see if anyone is protesting. maybe not the best, but in terms of value, it is hard to beat

5. WinnieKepala says:

Looks beautiful – the place and the steak. Will definitely check it out.

winnie: u shud! haha

6. missyblurkit says:

this place is so simple that one can’t imagine that it has good food. love the steak here too. very affordable:D

u also big fan huh? lets go together :)

missyblurkit Reply:

yesh! affordable and yummy.

7. Wah 500 grammes is truly a lot!!

but somehow the wait staff said it’s a single portion wo. n recommended us to order 2 haha

8. lunaticg says:

I am not looking at the food here but the beautiful design of the building.
    Will look forward to visit the steakhouse in the near future.

yeah lovely place, art gallery+cafe+steak house

9. ulric says:

Been here 5 times aredi…liking it very much…ditto ur glowing review :D

Parked at d same place as u everytime…just need to be on ur toes when walking d 50 meters :)

wow u must be a big fan! ya my revisit will definitely be lunch, not dinner :D

ulric Reply:

Ah yes…I m a fan…photos from my some of visits here:

Try their other desserts next time…really good :D

the content is currently n/a le, cant view ur pic! change ur privacy setting??

ulric Reply:

Oops…changed from Friends to Public aredi…pls retry n enjoy de :)

10. Nikel says:

awesome meal!

11. Bangsar Babe says:

I was just telling ulric that I can finish 500gms easily…and the two of you shared it! I sound like a monster now. LOL

ulric Reply:

U are u are! :P

wah 500g! ur my superhero! we were struggling to finish the portion

12. Yvonne says:

I used to go to victoria, the ship or fridays for steak. Hmmm will try this out too :)

13. Rebecca says:

Wahhh sounds like a worthy visit!

ulric Reply:

Wadda u waiting for? :P

14. Ken says:

Booked a table for valentine’s day dinner after reading your reviews. :)

Thank you so much.

500g at RM99 is a steal, really. Though the moment I set my eyes on the Gemas Gold beef, I was reminded of another story. :)

16. Oliver says:

I had my terrible experience in Ril’s Steakhouse. I visited on 30th April 2013, ordered a RM138 Austrlian Agus Rib Eye (300g), medium rare.

The steak came and 2/3 of the steak was medium well, 1/3 was rare (how can it be?), so I rejected the steak and ask them to cook again.

Second steak came back looks good, and I cut in front of the manager, seem great, medium rare, however after I tasted it, it was cooked outside but chill inside.

I gave feedback (not complaint) to the manager James, at first he didn’t bother apologies, and I told him I cook my own steak at home and the steak should be in room temperature before grill. So I asked him directly whether his steak was frozen, only he admitted that they do not have enough time to defrost…

Their service was okay, but charge with the 5Star price, their service and food quality certainly some room for improvement.

The place is not easy to find, and you have to park on the pedestrian walk way..DBKL may toll your car away.

1. [...] First posted on KampungBoyCityGal, 29/01/2012 [...]