Tommy Le Baker @ Viva Residency, Jalan Ipoh

Located inside a shop lot behind Viva Residency; Tommy Le Baker is a hidden gem of a great taste experience. Having live in France for over a decade, Tommy returned home and started his own pastry venture here. I was there on a rainy evening and chatted with Tommy about the place. Desserts are taken very seriously in French culture, Tommy said. He also deters mass-producing desserts with artificial colouring and flavouring. Hence, Tommy’s creation are 100% au natural with no preservatives or sugar added. He is also a traditionalist, with emphasis on craftsmanship in bread making.

When I ate that sourdough bread I could taste his passion for his product, and the heart and soul that turned mere dough into a masterpiece. My only gripe was the limited choices available – sourdough country bread, wholemeal bread, normand bread, grains and cereal bread, traditional French baguette, croissants, quiches and the occassional sweet offerings. I was told to come back towards the end of December as his apprentice is coming back to join Tommy.

I can’t wait!

Tommy Le Baker,
Viva Residency, Jalan Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur.
Open Tues-Sun, 10am till evening.
Tel: 03-4043-2546

Quiche Pie
552328_10151030493239476_1132645247_n
Blueberry Mille-Feuille
IMG_2890

IMG_2891

Tommy Le Baker

Comments

1. Nikel says:

Wow.. Really hidden gem.. Tuna sandwich is signature!

hi nikel, not the sandwich la, its the bread :) )))

2. Simon Seow says:

OMG. Hidden gem indeed! Will go and have a try.

not very comfy to sit in one wo, u’ll know when you go. :)

3. Choi Yen says:

I went Viva last week but didn’t see this :(

i think u went to viva home?

4. reminds me of the stuff i often get from victoria market in melbourne. but i’m sure this place sells better bread. :)

wow vic market! breads baked with love is always good, no matter where they come from

5. missyblurkit says:

sour dough bread…i can’t wait to try. not many places serve good sour dough breads:-(

yeah n u wont be disappointed by this 1

6. ShashaCahaya says:

Great Food!
    Sedaaap ;)

7. Ho says:

The food looks good. Thanks for the response.

thanks for dropping by ho

8. Choi Yen says:

I went to Viva @ Jln Ipoh lah, >.<

haha next time call me la, i bring u :)

9. Anson says:

I stay in kampung kasipillay, saw this bakery shop also. Hmm, but try this weekend.
    Anyway, near to this place, 河边关帝公庙 got a nice place also, people come here for the 米粉清汤, but I highly recommend people the 清汤生面, I would say it’s another Gem in Jalan Ipoh also. Perhaps, you can have a try there.

it’s location.

Anson Reply:

not 米粉清汤 is 鱼头米粉, but I still love it’s 清汤生面

Thank absorb! Yeah we have been there it’s really nice to dine by the river while looking at those cute statues of characters from journey to the west haha

The bread was relatively pricey, the bread and pastry are good compared to what we normally get but that comes with a hefty price. Not to mention the shop owner was really stuck up and the services was really bad.

11. Luei Eng Yap says:

Hi, Tommy Le Baker
    i had been try to went to Tommy breads n had my cup of coffee
    it end up i could not see the shop.
    i attempt to try again this Sat..
    hope to get the taste of breads.
    i read thru chinese paper..several yrs ago..and try to all the way from Ipoh mari
    hahahahahahaha
    Later , when we meet let had a chatting ..
    Boss ,,ok?