Executive Summary of Our 4D3N Bali Trip

I know you guys love this; so here you go.

NOTE:

SEE = sightseeing

EAT = dining options

STAY = accomodation of the night

BOLD = recommended

non BOLD = not recommended

IDR 10,000 = RM 3.65

I’ve got a lot of emails asking about the driver Mr. Bagus, so I’ll share my opinions here. You can reach him at <gelo82181@yahoo.com>

The Good:

Mr. Bagus is very accommodating; just tell him where you want to go and he’s willing to bring you there. He will never persuade or push us to visit those touristy shopping places where he’ll probably get a fair share of comission. The rate that he charged (IDR 300,000/day/car) is quite reasonable because we engaged him for a full day, i.e. 10am to 10pm (depends on our itinerary).

The Bad

Mr. Bagus is not a very professional tour guide in the sense that he never walk us through the touristy destination and explain to us the historic value/the story behind it.

So I’ll leave it for you guys to judge? Another point to keep in mind – it is better to plan your own itinerary and ask for the driver’s opinion because most of the tourist spots are scattered around the island.

p/s: Don’t be surprised if you see a Mr. Bagus that looks very different from our driver.The whole Bagus family runs the tour hiring services so they might send just anyone from the family. Our driver was Gutstut Bagus.

Day 1

Arrival 6.50pm – EAT: Seafood at Jimbaran Bay (Lia’s Cafe) – SEE: Jalan Legian, Kuta – STAY: Tune Hotel, Jalan Kahyangan Suci (Off Jalan Pantai Kuta)

Day 2

SEE: Ground Zero Memorial & Pantai Kuta – EAT: Warung Made, Jalan Raya Pantai Kuta – SEE: Nusa Dua Beach – SEE: Tirtha Bali Chapel, Uluwatu – SEE: Uluwatu Temple (Pura Uluwatu)EAT: Pork Ribs @ Naughty Nuri’s Warung & Grill, UbudSTAY: Tegal Sari, Ubud

Day3

EAT: Babi Guling @ Ibu Oka, Ubud - SHOP: Pasar Ubud - SEE: Pura Taman Ayun, MengwiEAT: Kopi Luwak @ Yoga PlantationSEE: Pura Ulu Danu @ Bratan Lake, Bedugul – SEE: Tanah LotEAT: Bebek Bengil (Dirty Duck Diner’s)STAY: Green Field, Ubud

DAY 4

SHOP: Sukawati – SEE: Kintamani – Mount Batur + Lake Batur – SEE: Pura Tirta Empul, Tampaksiring – SEE: Tegalalang – Depart: 9.20pm

DAY 1

Got our tickets for RM 80 from the Air Asia sales a year ago.

We hired Mr. Bagus as our driver and he charged RPH 300,000 per car (Toyota Avanza) per day. He even offered to picked us up on the first day even though we only engaged him for 3 full days.

We paid IDR 10000/RM3.65  for the char grilled corn-on-the-cob from beach vendors. Good stuff!

Go to Lia’s Cafe if you do not wish to be slaughtered. We took two seafood set and the total damage was IDR 470000/RM 172 for 4 person, not too bad huh?

Just request your driver to drive you to the end of Jalan Pemelisan Agung and Lia’s Cafe is on your right after a two minute walk.

Phone : 081 – 2390 7411

OPEN : 9:00AM – 24:00PM

Walked around Jalan Legian before we called it a night.

Hard Rock Cafe & Hotel

Got our room for IDR 285000/RM 85  (inclusive of 12 hours air conditioning, excluding toiletries & towels).

Tune Hotel @ Kuta, Bali

Jalan Kahyangan Suci (Off Jalan Pantai Kuta),

Kuta, Bali, Indonesia

We love the good location (6 mins walk from Kuta Beach, within main shopping & dining area of Jalan Pantai Kuta) and the clean, no frills room.

DAY 2

Brunch @ Warung Made

The food was bad and expensive (IDR 185000/RM 68 for 4 person). :(

Jalan Pantai Kuta

Kuta Beach

Doing the Kuta Jump

Nusa Dua Beach

not a fan of water sports

2 full hours of pampering @ Wayan Spa, Nusa Dua. IDR 300,000/RM 110 per person. It’s more expensive compared to other spa centres in Ubud, they offered IDR 300,000 for 4.5 hr!

tirthauluwatu03_b

source

visited tirtha uluwatu – strictly no pictures are allowed.

tirta1b

source

so beautiful! wedding package starts from USD 4500 btw.

17a

some random Nasi Padang for tea break.

Uluwatu Temple. IDR 3000/RM1.1 per person.

clouds or bad weather obscure the sun set view :(

cunning monkeys that snatch visitors’ belonging, including bags, cameras and eyeglasses.

so smart!!

Naughty Nuri’s Warung and Grill

Tromol Pos No. 219,

Ubud, Bali, Indonesia.

Tel: 361/977547.

The ribs were so tender that the meat falls right off the bone. Yum!

meal for 4 = IDR 223,000/RM 81

Day 3

We stayed at Tegal Sari (Day 2) and moved into Green Field located just a few steps away because most rooms in Tegal Sari were fully booked by then. FYI, we made a reservation 5 months in advance.

our wooden room – day & night view.

staircase leading to our room.

breakfast at our private balcony, with a rice terrace view.

Chris chilling out.

cam-whoring

too

beautiful

I can’t

resist

taking more pictures.

Tegal Sari

Hanoman Street Padang Tegal, Ubud 80571

Bali – Indonesia P.O. Box 183

Telp: 62-361-973318, Fax: 62-361-970701

e-mail: info@tegalsari-ubud.com

Our Room – IDR 440000/RM 160 (wooden room), IDR 550000/RM 200 (deluxe)

Lunch at Ibu Oka.

Ibu Oka, Jalan Tegal Sari No. 2, Ubud, (across from Ubud Palace).

shopping at Pasar Ubud

Very beautiful ole ole (souvenirs) but slightly more expensive than Sukawati

Pura Taman Ayun, Mengwi

IDR 12000/RM 4.4 per person.

luwak is so cute!

sipping luwak’s poo poo at Yoga Plantation. IDR 30000/RM 11 per cup.

Pura Ulu Danu @ Bratan Lake, Bedugul

IDR 12,000/RM 4.4 per person.

so serene!

sun set @ Tanah Lot. IDR 10,000/RM 3.65 per person

breathtaking view.

Dinner @ Bebek Dengil. We had smoked duck (MUST order 1 day in advance) & crispy duck.

total damage = IDR 293000/RM 107

Our room at Green Field. IDR 650000/RM 237

with private balcony.

good place for R&R.

salt water swimming pool.

breakfast on the house.

the girls’ favourite – shopping at Sukawati Market.

everything is so cheap over here! flip flop = IDR 15000/RM 5.5, rattan bag = IDR 50,000/RM 18, Buddha painting = IDR 70,000/RM 26, etc

Pura Tirta Empul, Tampaksiring

IDR 6000/RM 2.2 per person

Buffet lunch at Grand Puncak Sari restaurant, Kintamani. IDR 70,000 per person + 21% tax/RM31.

Mount Batur view.

Tegalalang Terrace.

Remember to keep IDR 150,000/RM 55 to pay for departure tax when leaving Bali airport!

Last but not least, thanks to Chris & Christine for the memorable trip. Did I mention that we spent less than RM 1000 each? :D

I’ll add more stuff onto the post once I’ve got more time. Meanwhile, do not hesitate to email us at kampungboycitygal@gmail.com if you have any questions. :)

Comments

1. devi says:

wah i miss bali…wish to go there again…thanks for the nice post.

2. Simon Seow says:

Nice Bali trip. I only stayed at the same hotel (Legian Paradiso) through out my 4 nights in Bali. I pampered myself on a 5hrs spa package which cost only RP 550,000 at Bali Spa at Jalan Legian lol.
    Read my summary lah lazy to write lol.

I’ll surely go back to Bali again and visit different places. 5day/4n is not enough wei.
    .-= Simon Seow´s last blog ..Gizmodo Editor’s Computers Seized by Police =-.

this is super duper fastttt! T.T nex trip i muz go!!! T.T sobzzz

and u guyz managed on luwak kopi too! i wannnnnn ><
    .-= ai wei´s last blog ..Karl’s Beisl @ Solaris Mon’t Kiara =-.

4. Jialing says:

Wow!! Nice trip… for less than RM1k.

Haha, so many sweet memories, though at that time when we were there, we were merely catching our breath and trying desperately to seek for cooler corners everywhere else.

Damn damn hot. :)

Nice ribs at Nuri’s right?!!! Still one of the best meal in Bali, I’d say.

6. Christine says:

love our holiday together dear! love the photos! can’t wait to compile them all up! more holidays to come! :)
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..Paradiso Italian Restaurant @ Taman Danau Desa =-.

Kampungboy: What next? Aiwei can’t join us unless…. lol

ai wei Reply:

where to where to??? faster plan ONE!!! T.T
    .-= ai wei´s last blog ..Karl’s Beisl @ Solaris Mon’t Kiara =-.

7. taufulou says:

aii…such a great triip! everytime see you guys travel have to add in 1 more place to visit!
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..IP Man 2 Movie Premier =-.

8. mimid3vils says:

I love ur rooms at Green Field & Tegal Sari, got romantic feel~~
    .-= mimid3vils´s last blog ..Dave Deli =-.

yeah my fav part of d trip

9. Ah… Bali! My first oversea trip with Jenn! Also the place where I proposed to her :)
    .-= thule aka leo´s last blog ..Pumpkin House @ Jalan PJU 5/4 Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara =-.

wah so romantic. shud walk down the aisle in the glass chapel

10. KY says:

so nice! pictures are amazing too!

tq ky!

11. Bee says:

I went during the month of June and is cooling, dont sweat when walking at night market! but I only stay in one hotel! for 4 days 3 nights and only been to Tanah Lot and so angry with the tour guide cos our tour to Tasik Bratan but we never reach the temple ( on the lake? ) also my fault cos I didnt know Tasik Bratan tour’s highlight is the TEMPLE! hmm can I have Encik Bagus contact nos? is he good?

hi bee, yea lo thats y its better to plan ur own itinerary and show it to the driver, dun let them decide for u. theres good & bad. please refer the above comment :) )

12. JD says:

Love all your photos, went there for my honeymoon 2 years back and I think want to go back again after seeing all your photos. Still havent try the ever so famous Babi Guling!
    .-= JD´s last blog ..Yip Chi Mei Big Bao @ Ong Kee, Taman Connaught =-.

haha dun bother, not nice 1

Bee Reply:

yaya Msia siew yuk still better !

13. wyyv says:

WAH! That is so cool! I would so tempted to go there too the time I saw those beautiful pictures~ You guys sure had a nice trip :)

Btw, I feel funny when I get what Kampungboy mean at the comment :D
    .-= wyyv´s last blog ..Pastis Cafe @ The Gardens MidValley =-.

haha ur so smart!

14. Pei Lee says:

Great post! So excited when i see this post coz i am going to Bali end of June. I have been doing research since months ago and i guess i could finalize the itinerary after reading you post :p
    Thanks for all the information.
    Mr. Bagus’s rate is good! Do you mind to share his contact to me?
    Once again, loving your blog :)

hi Pei Lee, ur welcome :)
    actually I’m quote neutral toward mr bagus, let mr tell you why

the good:
    he’s very accomodating, just tell him where you want to go and he’s willing to bring you there

he never persuade or push us to visit those touristy shopping places where he’ll probably get a fair share of vo
    mission

cheap.yes 300 k a day for 4 person n free for the first day coz we arrive late evening.

the bad
    he’s not very professional in the sense that he never walk us through n explain to us the historic value n the story behind those tourism destination

he’s a very new tour guide (1 yr experience) so he’s not reli “xing muk”

so I’ll leave it for u to judge??

his email add is
    gelo82181@yahoo.com. ooo n mr bagus means everyone from the bagus family so it could be a different driver everytime.

Pei Lee Reply:

Thanks for the information :)

I was told by my friend that drivers @ Bali don’t usually tell the story and explain bout the tourism destination. But it was real good that he dodn’t persuade or push you guys to those touristy shopping places where he’ll get comission!

Looking forward to read your detailed entries about Bali!! I see that you are blogging bits by bits now. Keep up the good job~

Cheers~~

15. sam lee says:

whao, nice!!! i am planning to go bali this year or early next year…time to save up and do more research lol

16. TravelingApe says:

Wow, quite a long post for an executive summary page! Surely a trip to Bali is to relax, right? I would prefer spa and relaxing activities all day long. And how come you chose Tune Hotel, not Hard Rock Hotel?
    .-= TravelingApe´s last blog ..5D 4N Hong Kong and Macau Trip =-.

aiyar no $$$$ lar :)

17. iamthewitch says:

Ahh reminds me of my Bali trip too! But I didn’t manage to visit Uluwatu, what a shame. Sukawati is a girl’s paradise! LOL!
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Visiting Changdeok Palace, Seoul – Part 8 =-.

18. diana says:

below RM 1k included air ticket??how much is your air ticket?

it’s rm80 fr air Asia sales :)

19. Kristopher says:

This post make me want to go to Bali. Will use your itenary when i go to Bali.

I though the Babi guling at Ibu Oka is one the best… :)

20. Alice says:

Love your bali trip itinerary… Thanks for the sharing…
    .-= Alice´s last blog ..Trip to Korea – Day 3 (Ginseng Chicken, Namsan Seoul Tower, Namsan Park, Namsan Hanok Village, Dongdameum, Bibimbap, Co-op Residence) =-.

21. Super-cool! I love the fact you have an executive summary of your recent Bali trip. :)

22. Jerry says:

It was an excellent trip. You had a wonderful time.

We first got to know Ketut Murta when we was looking for a personal driver for our first time vacation to Bali. I didn’t have any recommendations from my friends at that time but I still wanted to make sure that my trip would be a fantastic one.

I highly recommend him to anyone who’s interested to hire a private driver to bring you around Bali. It definitely saves you a lot more than hiring a taxi if you intended to visit many places. By the way, if you needed a driver in other parts of Indonesia, he could always link you up with one of his fellow driver friend.
    He has a great sense of humor and has all the right contacts to make your trip to Bali most memorable.

He has a newer New APV air-conditioned car that can accommodate up to 7 people including the driver (if 2 are small). Including everything that he offers he is also reasonably priced.
    “ONLY” RM120 with unlimited time not yet hidden cost.
    - Safe driving and flexible service
    - Meals for driver
    - New vehicle with petrol
    - unlimited Hours
    - all donations
    - parking fees
    - toll fees

You can contact Ketut at his mobile phone is +62-85238038668 or e- mail Ketut’s new e-mail is sopirbali@gmail.com or visit http://www.balisopir.blogspot.com

Best Regards
    Jerry

wow jerry, thanks for your suggestions! he must be good!!

u all spent less than RM1k inclusive of air tickets?

24. howard says:

u mean u all spent less than RM1k inclusive of air tickets??

25. ronald says:

hi, u change USD or RUPIAH in Bali? tq

Hi Ronald,

We changed both USD and Rupiah. But USD just for ‘backup’ purpose. We only spent Rupiah over there.

26. Phoebe says:

Hi,

Seems like you got the cheapest air fare to go bali!!:)
    But is the 1K is include accomo?

hi yes, all inclusive ;)

27. Xiao Wan says:

Hi,

Is the RM1k included accomadation?
    approx that how much u spend for shopping??
    ahaha…i worry that didnt bring enough money to buy:P

hi i spent 200+ only for souvenirs, painting, some straw bags and sandals

Xiao Wan Reply:

Hihi….
    Thank you for info.

28. lindamum says:

Hi,need to ask you few questions.The car that that you hired is it including driver and petrol?Am going there end of July need to find good and reasonable price for driver-coz i got quote for 600,000 rupiah driver from 8-5 pm.If possible can you give me Mr Bagus number?

hi yeah all inclusive. u can get his email add here – http://kampungboycitygal.com/2010/05/bali-day-1-eat-seafood-at-jimbaran-bay-see-jalan-legian-kuta-%E2%80%93-stay-tune-hotel/

and read our comments about him

29. Jessyca says:

ah~ I am so stupid!! I bought RM325 for Bali round trip! so expensive (RM1 promorion tipu 1!!)

princesscheryl Reply:

RM325 sometimes can get MAS during promotion… I got mine around that last trip.
    .-= princesscheryl´s last blog ..Women as explained by engineers =-.

hi yeah but we waited one year for the trip to happen. this is what happened if u book during 0 fare promo :)

sheri Reply:

hehe, i bought mine at over rm600 per pax leh! going on merdeka =D
    .-= sheri´s last blog ..Smoke is in the air =-.

30. Hola food lover + travel kaki. Visit me @ my travel blog too. =)
    .-= princesscheryl´s last blog ..Women as explained by engineers =-.

31. Izul says:

Nice entry! Thank God AirAsia has got cheap ticket. Travelling has become more affordable now. hehe
    .-= Izul´s last blog ..6 Langkah Strategi Belajar Berkesan =-.

32. Yumi says:

Your blog is just on time..
    Next week, Bali I’m coming..

33. Melody says:

Hi, I came across your travel blog while browsing for information related to my Bali trip next month. Can I ask you a few questions??

May I know whether did you make reservation for your hotel rooms? I have email Tegal Sari and made reservation on their website but there is no reply from them. That is why I am a little bit anxious to know whether I manage to book their rooms or not, else I will make bookings with other hotels.

In addition, only a few hotels have their official websites… Which website did u visit to make your bookings for hotel rooms?

Thank you for your attention and hope to hear from you soon =)

hi melody: no problem. I made my reservation directly with tegal sari and green field. you have to wait for the reply for confirmation and u’ll need to provide ur cc details to them.

1. [...] our full travel itinerary, please click here. What do you get when you have luwak (civet cat)… coffee bean… and luwak’s [...]

2. [...] our full travel itinerary, please click here. We rate Naughty Nuri’s Warung and Grill as one of the best restaurants we have dined at [...]