Dave’s Pizza Pasta Vino @ One Utama

Lets Do it (x3)

And live it up

I gotta feeling that tonight’s gonna be a OINK night

That tonight’s gonna be a OINK night

That tonight’s gonna be a OINK OINK night (x2)

(Black Eyed Peas – I Gotta Feeling)

P1320786

Yay TGIF! What better way than celebrating the joy than to indulge in our favourite meal?

(note: pictures taken at different occasions, and hence different quality standards)

P1320741

Chef Darren Chin – the man in charge of kitchen operations at Dave’s.

Dave’s has a standard bar atmosphere, with simple setting, dim light and TVs all tuned into Sports Channel. For those looking to imbibe, the bar at the al fresco dining area holding rows after rows of alcohols is good enough.

dear bday 014

KampungBoy’s 24th (May 09)

IMG_7726

Dad’s 5xth (Sept 09)

IMG_7722

IMG_7681

Hoegaarden. You can never go wrong with beer and pork.

P1320752

Ice Blended Mocha.

IMG_7710

Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus. Its child’s-play simple but disarmingly delicious. Just curious, does asparagus make your pee smell really powerful and weird? I always have that problem while KampungBoy doesn’t seem to notice it all.

P1320773

Dave’s Slow Roasted Belly of Pork (only available on Thurs and Fri 3pm onwards) is similar to Auntie Margaret’s Pork Roast (available on Fridays at Yut Kee Restaurant). I still prefer Auntie Margeret’s version – exceptionally crispy skin and tender meat stuffed with pistachios, apricot and safe.

IMG_7694

Dave’s roasted pork knuckle was decent but some parts are chewy and requires lots of bite. I want crackling crunchy skin!

IMG_7700

The side dishes were good though, especially the velvety smooth mashed potatoes.

IMG_7719

Carbonara with Meat Balls. We found the silky, rich sauce resulting from generous doses of bacon, egg and cheese very addictive! Fried until golden brown all over, the meat balls were so flavorful and juicy.

IMG_7716

Aglio Olio (linguini) with pork sausages. The pasta was cooked al dente and the generous servings of sliced pork sausages had a good smoky flavor.

IMG_7683

Despite the rather lackluster main course, Dave’s pastas were really good. Do drop by for their 50% off selected paste promotion which is available on weekdays 12pm till 5pm.

Ground Floor, 1-Utama Shopping Centre,

Bandar Utama,

Petaling Jaya, Selangor

(opposite TGI Friday’s and Burger King)

Tel – 03-7726-5327

Open Weekdays 10:30am-10pm

Comments

1. Christine says:

I’m singing to your lyrics already ;P
    That tonight’s gonna be a OINK night
    That tonight’s gonna be a OINK OINK night (x2)……. Oooooh hooo….
    and 50% off selected pasta! that’s a steal. Wonder when’s my OINK night… ^^

christine: r we doing christang anytime soon?

2. Huai Bin says:

Haha! I totally agree, you can never go wrong with beer aqnd pork.

Tonight’s not going to be an oink oink night though. :)

hb: haha yeah. usually friday is my oink nite, but nt tonight :p

3. wenxuan says:

weizhi!!! this is a gem actually hidden in 1u!
    i love the pork bacon roll with asparagus…unfortunately the main courses were really disappointing.

do try the tiramisu! it packs a whole lotta alcohol *hic* than the version in Italiannies!

and i vote the best ever Caesar Salad is Dave’s!

4. daniel chiam says:

O_O the foods looks really really really nice!

5. SimpleGirl says:

pork roast looks yummy…….caught my attention more than the pasta

6. Jac says:

i spotted the roast pork at yut kee today!! looked yum!

7. Kusahi Keat says:

Yeah! oink oink is favourite. Care for my style of roast pork… in my coming post. Anyway, running a poll on best curry noodle, Ipoh or Georgetown? Please vote @ my blog.

Thks.

oink oink oink oink… i wan an oink night too!

bila cristang?! i am waiting …………………..ZzzzzZZ

9. taufulou says:

their pork is good..but you mention there is 1 even better
    Auntie Margeret’s…where to get that? or your very own homemade recepi?

10. ee-von says:

a response to a good question: people metabolize asparagus (and everything else) differently. a certain percentage of the population will metabolize it such that their urine smells “weird” whereas some people will not experience this effect at all. take it from a food scientist. thanks for the posts – they are very comforting to a malaysian away from home.

11. kerrie says:

hey gal..loves dis post. Is Dave expensive?

hi depends on what u order, mains range from rm20 to rm70

12. kerrie says:

oic..how bout da Dave’s Slow Roasted Belly of Pork u ordered?

i think its 48 or 58, cant remember, not really good compared to yut kee’s wo :)

13. DAniel says:

I absolutely love the Mashed Potato… I always order a bowl which is off the menu… :)

14. Hi kampungboycitygal,
    Thank you very much for the kind review. We are glad that you had a wonderful experience at Dave’s. Reviews like yours really makes all the hard work worthwhile.
    Thank you and we hope to see you again soon :) Also, do check out our FB page http://www.facebook.com/daves.malaysia for more updates.

Cheers from the Dave’s Bistro Bar & Grill team.

1. [...] Dave’s Pizza Pasta Vino Where (is it): Ground Floor, 1-Utama Shopping Centre, Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya. (opposite TGI Friday’s and Burger King) Tel – 03-7726-5327 Open Weekdays 10:30am-10pm Why (here): I love meat. The smell of it cooking can fill me with desire, and I find its juicy, rich flavor uniquely satisfying. So does my man – KampungBoy and Dad who loves meat. There isn’t any other better way than to celebrate their big day with a porky lardy splendor dinner. Just forgo the prim and proper and go straight for the tried and true – Dave’s it is. [...]