Alexis Bistro & Wine Bar @ The Gardens, Mid Valley City

alexis - 069

alexis - 070

Thanks to MAS, we had a great buka puasa session one week before Hari Raya with the presence of Red Mummy and Iza. Red Mummy is cute and bubbly as usual, in contrast to Iza’s usual quiet self. :p

alexis - 067

Besides desserts, some old flavors such as Sarawak Laksa, Mee Siam and Chicken Rice are really good. Same goes to Jon’s hearty Nasi Campur that comes with almost everything.
alexis - 071

Roasted Lamb Cutlet with Couscous. As for the cutlets themselves, the meat was juicy and delicious but the cutlets were quite fatty with limited meat. And what happened to the serving size? For RM 68++, we are getting only two small and pathetic looking lamb cutlets.
alexis - 072

alexis - 073

KampungBoy’s Wagyu Beef Cheek (RM 58++) was fantastic! Slowly braised for long hours, it melted like butter on the tongue with the soft gelatinous layers of fat sliding down.
alexis - 075

How could we missed the infamous tiramisu with cognac (RM 15++) ? Coated with a layer of caramelized mixed nuts, it provides a contrasting texture to the soft inner layer of sponge cake infused with coffee liquer. Such a perfect ending to our meal. On a separate note, does SuChan still provide Tiramisu to Alexis? Just curious :)

Alexis Bistro & Wine Bar
Lot f209 1st Floor
The Gardens
Mid Valley City
Lingkaran Syed Putra
59200 Kuala Lumpur
T +603 2287 2281

Comments

1. Jean says:

the roasted lamb looks great but the portion is kinda small is it?

2. rokh says:

ooo must check this place out if I am ever in gardens again…btw did suchan ever provide tiramisu to alexis? the one i had in alexis is better than suchan’s….mmm..

3. shame to admit that I still have not gone to Alexis (not even once) in my 30 years of age…. whoops!! Did I just revealed my real age?? hahahaha…

i miss the alexis’s tiramisu… or… ‘su-chan’ one. haha
    the tiramisu is very unique. let’s go again for tiramisu. okokok???

5. Chrisitne says:

u made me crave for more of Alexis’s tiramisu dear! :)

6. swee says:

mmm tiramisu sure does look yummy!!

7. taufulou says:

kena chop for the lamb..so small for RM68…hrmm

8. Been a while since I’ve been back… I think it’s time for a fix of Alexis staple.. the pizza gambretto!! With extra rocket topping! :-D

9. Lame Couple says:

I love Alexis tiramisu!! now make me miss it even more :)

10. Ida says:

hmmm.. do u know where’s SuChan cake house now?

hi theres one at bv II :)

11. ac says:

Hi.. does it have live band in the Gardens’s? or is it only Great Eastern mall’s??

12. anonymous says:

only in great eastern mall got live band.
    oh realli previously the tiramisu is fom su chan?may i know where can i try su chan’s tiramisu nOW?

13. Beer Reviews says:

These photos made me starving. I would really find a way that I can visit this restaurant. Thanks for the review of this great place.

14. Sean Lee says:

Oh…the tiramisu really looks like suchan’s yo…
    anyway, is it real that suchan provide them???

15. fii says:

Su Chan doesnt provide tiramisu for Alexis as i know. :)

Alexis have their own bakery that delivers the cakes everyday. :)

thanks for the information fii

1. [...] Alexis Bistro & WIne Bar Where (is it): Lot f209 1st Floor The Gardens Mid Valley City Lingkaran Syed Putra 59200 Kuala Lumpur T +603 2287 2281 Why (here): Alexis Bistro & Wine Bar, a place that has been blogged to death. Beautiful cakes, extensive wine list, jazz performances; there isn’t any reason to hate Alexis though. I just realized that I have not written anything about this uber cool place despite having numerous tea sessions here. [...]