California Express BBQ & Grille Station @ One Utama Old Wing

Ever feel like having some good old western food but is living on a tight budget? California Express BBQ and Grille Station answers your quest.

I’ve eaten here numerous times and still crave for it from time to time! It is definitely not the most comfortable place to dine in, the menu is limited but who cares because the meal itself comes fully flavored.

Mushroom Soup

Digging out my old archives, I can only find ONE SINGLE thing that I’ve tried and love it to bits – chicken chop with frankfurters, mashed potato and pasta. It can be a very fulfilling lunch for a petite girl like me, but I’m not complaining because EVERYTHING is nice! The chicken chop drenched in some starchy mushroom sauce is very tender and flavorful, the mashed potato is rich and creamy, the pasta lightly tossed in herbs and fresh garlic is delicious nonetheless and the frankfurter is err frankfurter-like, with a slightly smoky taste.

The above-mentioned food, with a drink comes to about RM 15, which is very reasonable considering that it is located in the mall. The next time a pasta craving hits you, remember California Express BBQ and Grille Station, located opposite the Jaya Jusco Supermarket at One Utama Old Wing.

Comments

1. Han says:

wow…can tell why all the photos u all publish look so delicious ?

This is the one where you sit at the countertop to dine rite??

3. foongpc says:

Have never been there! Didn’t even realise the restaurant exist! Maybe because I seldom go Old Wing. Haha! The food looks so delicious! Must give it a try. Thanks for sharing : )

4. kingkong says:

wow i also nv having lunch there coz too expensive for me, but reasonable for u..!! i only go da bao jusco RM3.50 nasi lemak + ayam goreng everytime… kesianya saya~~

5. Chin says:

Looks very Hainanese! Solid mushroom soup and thick mushroom sauce for the meat.

6. ekeng says:

Jusco is a food heaven for everyone. Let see, got sushi, takoyaki, beard papa, nasi lemak, burger, bbq chicken, bread. and a lot.

7. teckiee says:

You know, when i tell people about the good food here, all of them give me the “face” ..like “har…foodcourt style.. sure nice ah”. I love this place too but really cant stand the tables and chairs.

8. konzen says:

i’ve been there too….so many times…i agreed that the food is very-very nice…really recommend mushroom soup..actually wild mushroom soup…the pasta…i think all of it…previously i like to eat at jack’s place but i think tht california station is better…