Waroeng Penyet @ The Curve, Mutiara Damansara

Waroeng Penyet was opened by 4 Indonesians living in Singapore who strives to serve real traditional Javanese food to the locals and Indonesians who reside in the island. Since it has taken Singapore by storm, Waroeng Penyet has opened branches around Malaysia as well.

It was our first time here and was rather surprised to find that the place is packed in a good crowd. We even bumped into KY and Ringo Tan here!

We started off with Gado Gado (RM 5.90) which is nothing to shout about. The peanut sauce is watery and bland while the vegetables are over boiled.

Chicken Wing Penyet (RM5.90)

Our serving of ayam penyet (RM 7.90) comes in a huge drumstick, with a serving of tempe, tofu and dollops of their famous fiery chili sambal. I should have gone for the mild chili sambal, talking about being over ambitious!

We especially love the crunchy skin, tender chicken meat and the generous sprinkling of deep fried batter bits. Add on for only RM 1.90 if you wish to have a separate serving or rice or keropok.

We reckon that the ayam penyet is a must try item over here. It would be a good change from KFC fried chicken as well, considering that they charge about the same price.

The Christmas décor in The Curve is lovely and festive! Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday to all KampungboyCitygal’s reader!

Waroeng Penyet
First Floor,
Lot 1.32
The Curve
Mutiara Damansara
Petaling Jaya
Tel No: 017 – 200 3988

Comments

1. Nic (KHKL) says:

oh, their sambal is fiery hot! oh, must have the crunchy bits as well to go with the ayam.

lovely pics of you two lar. ;)

merry xmas to you guys too ….
    miss the flattened chicken.

3. cumidanciki says:

love the dress! Merry Christmas to you and kampung boy.. glad to have met you this year:D

4. Jian says:

The decor so pretty. Penang’s mall decor is no where near that! Happy Be-early Christmas~

While i love the crunchy bits of the chicken, i prefer the grilled version tat served with kicap manis with cili padi. The kicap manis alone with the rice is enough to make you ask for more. Yum YUm!!!

6. PenangTuaPui says:

ayam penyet looks like something must try ….

KL.. I will be there… wait for me….

7. Christine says:

Merry Christmas to you dear! and to Lex too! We’ll be spending Christmas in Paris this year! wee..!! Can’t wait! Miss you guys soooo much! Enjoy your holiday!!

Thanks for reminding me about this place. I always lost when it comes to eating in The Curve. Merry Christmas in advance, you two!

9. rokh says:

always wanted to try this place when i pass by it, too bad the gado-gado is not so good though, i love gado-gado!

10. Cute cute couple! I was pleasantly surprised by the Xmas lights that were up when I dropped by one evening recently. Takes the season love-is-all-around feeling up a notch! I’ve done Waroeng Penyet twice this year, and I think that’s about all I can take. The chicken is soooo DRY with plain rice.

11. foongpc says:

Hi, first time commenting. Very nice food blog, which I’ve been following for quite some time now : ) I’ve been to Waroeng Penyet, but didn’t find the food there very nice. Just boleh tahan only. Oh yes, The Curve has one of the best Christmas deco compared to other shopping malls, though I think their Christmas trees were better last year : )

12. email2me says:

The taste are OK but the size are rather small for me. =.=”

13. nic: yeah i cant really take that..hehe thanks

james: ever considering shifting down ? haha

mae: thanks..haha girls will only look at that huh

jian: no ler..queensbay has pretty stunning decor no?

pea: wonder why they never give any kicap manis for the ayam penyet

penangtuapui: when? haha ..u must have a long list

christine: cant wait for ur pics dear!!

jason: haha ntg much to eat la..all the up market places

rokh: yeah it was that bad..dun ever order it

14. mimid3vils says:

I like fried chicken but get bored of KFC, new alternative huh :)

15. vkeong says:

I liked the grilled fish with dark soya sauce one.. this is one of the more economical places to eat in The Curve hehe

16. xin says:

both of u look so loving <3

i have passed by there so many times but nv popped in, thinking that it is only fried chicken..haha

17. Simon Seow says:

Tried it once, the sambal is superb. Btw, I also took pic in the arch lol.

sweet sweet!!! i love ur final pic. that’s really loving :P