Hong Kee Dim Sum @ Damansara Jaya

hong kee

I blame it on food bloggers, with reviews like this, this ,this and this, Hong Kee Dim Sum is now pack to the brim every weekends. Like an annoying pest, we stood beside tables that look rather promising with rules of thumb like least food left on the table, the man is digging out $$, the woman is packing and kids were asked to finish the last sip of tea.

The legendary items like sang chao lor mai fan and stir fried raddish cakes were massly produced and shipped off to every single table in a jiffy. Some deep fried items are drenched in oil, when things get a little too messy.

yu mai

siumai

ham dan mai

fried raddish cake

fried prawn roll

fried loh mai fan

egg tart

However, one gets prompt services and quality food on a quiet weekday. Chefs’ creativity are playing well here; offering us with a myriad of possibilities for flavor and texture combinations. Spinach dumpling, deep fried prawn roll with century eggs, sang chao lor mai fan (stir fry glutinious rice) and fried fish paste coated with almond flakes, just to name a few.

I would recommend the egg tart with flaky crust, very aromatic stir fried raddish cake, warm and fluffy char siu bao and har gao with huge succulent prawns. Price is rather reasonable too, a decent meal for two comes less than RM30 most of the time. In a nut shell, it is best to drop by during the week days if you wish to stay awhile and soak up the tranquil atmosphere while indulging in some good dim sums.

Hong Kee Tim Sum Restaurant

No. 2, Jln 19/3,
Seksyen 19,
46300 Petalin g Jaya.

Tel: 012-3809980
Opening hours:
7.00am to 3.00pm daily.

Comments

1. Christine says:

blame it on you, I miss Dim Sum sooo much! haha.. ;P

Hong Kee again? hehe, there’s a new one at Rothman’s roundabout, Section 17, right beside Green view Restaurant.
    though the place seemed pretty deserted.

tried the one in Pandan Indah, but other than being larger morsels than the rest, the dimsum did not impress much. But at RM3/plate for almost everything, consider quite cheap.

3. cumi&ciki says:

unfortunately we didn’t like the dimsum here:( the dishes were pretty average, and the chicken feet were braised till they had rubberised! to give this plc a chance we ordered chicken feet on 3 separate occasions.. still RUBBER. .eek! lol.. good job u had better luck! lol

4. Wah, the tables now spill out to the roads ar? Biz must be good!

5. Nic (KHKL) says:

the variety is good.
    the sang chow lor mai fan is da bomb! ;D

6. adrianclw says:

The dim sum at here is quite cheap.
    Maybe this is the reason why so packed.
    Been there few times and always also packed with people.
    In PJ area i think is consider no bad.

7. Simon Seow says:

Yeah, blame it on em foodies, I also haven’t even got a chance to come here and try. LOL.

You are so right about the crowd. Blame it on us. So regret blogging about it cos I don’t go back now cos the crowd is putting me off. I was shocked now that they even have tables along the street! Aiiii…

9. Jason says:

I tried before, but found it to be just okay.

10. christine: haha dun worry..soon will be ur time to savour on dim sum

j2fkm: yeah agree with you that its still far from iph standard, but good enough for kl standard

cumi & ciki: yeah things get really bad during weekends..

LL: business are really good that we have to wait to be seated

nic: its no longer the bomb. sad to say…

adrianclw: yeah good enough for kl standard..n cheap

simon: haha maybe u can delete this off ur list

pea: hahaha the influence of floggers

jason: iph ppl will never think its gd :p

11. Anti-Hair Hong Kee Dim Sum says:

Cheap? OK, is that the reason why they come with hair in them?

SHORT AND CURLY HAIR, SHORT AND STRAIGHT ONES TOO!

I believe they have other branches, but with this experience from this Damansara Jaya branch, I will never again go to Hong Kee Dim Sums. OK, so maybe you do find hair in food ocassionally. But don’t you think it’s just too consistent to find hair in so many pieces of their dim sums? I found most of them in the Siew Mais. The Har Gaos didn’t seem to have any. Still, what kind of dim sums are these? I am very sure they are not seaweed, one hair looked curly, another looked like it’s from the nostrils.

I am not complaining because I want a free meal, I would NOT eat them even if they were free! Anyhow, I paid for them but regretted for not making a scene out of this!

Plus, after complaining to the waiter, all she did was replace them. She replaced them each time I found a hair, and she just went ‘Oh…’ and went to the back to change them (LIKE IT”S NORMAL TO FIND HAIR IN THEIR DIM SUMS).

12. Sean says:

I’ve try their Puchong Branch, my comment is, if you eat alot or want Dim Sum for cheap, it is the place for you, their Dim Sum is BIG in size but suck in taste.

If you wanna try some delicious Dim Sum, can try the Yuen Garden @ Puchong Jaya

13. CTY says:

Why so many ppl put this dim sum online? really rice meh?from the photo looks normal only
    I would prefer the dim sum from cheras (reasonable price + tasty)

14. aung says:

very good hongkee dimsum!

15. Mr. william says:

Lousy tim sum, the service is lousy especially one of the older myanmar waiter and parking wise are so difficult .Most of the workers are Myanmar. The “sui long pau” is very rough and hard . But the sui pau a bit better . Noon of the varieties taste good. I won’t be coming there again to eat.