Four Seasons Restaurant @ Capital Square, Dang Wangi

The talk of town – Four Seasons Roasted Duck from Bayswater is here in Malaysia! I was more than happy to tag along when my colleague suggested lunch there. Despite running business in a rather obscure place, Capsquare, the place is packed to the brim on weekdays lunch hour. I reckon that the crowd will just die off in the evening or worst during the weekends, which is why they choose to be close on Sunday.

P1280183P1280178

There was this glass window next to the main entrance where one can peep into the hanging ducks and place their order for take away. The ducks, hanging side by side, glistening and lacquered has created a seductive lure on us. Clearly, they take pride in their roasted duck so much that no efforts were spared in the restaurant’s interior.

A quick glance at the menu, Four Seasons serve the usual Hong Kong/Chinese fare like pork ribs, guai fei chicken, roasted meat, etc at a slightly hefty price tag. For quick lunch, one can opt for the individual serving of duck rice at RM 8.80++, a dual combi at RM 12.00++ , or a triple combi at RM 16.00++.

Our Iced Yin Yeong, at RM 4.50 sucks!

The kai lans (RM 16++) drenched in oyster sauce were perfectly cooked, slightly crunchy and amazingly fresh.

Our order of half duck (Rm 25++) arrived shortly. The glistening dark brown skin says it all. The meat is so moist and tender that it crumbles nicely as you bite into it. The only downside would be the duck, appear to be a little skinny with little fats beneath the not so crispy skin. My colleagues commented that they still prefer the roasted duck from Four Seasons Bayswater where a fatter variant of duck is used.

The total bill comes to RM 70 with 3 rice, 4 drinks, a plate of greens and half a duck. The roasted duck is good but not to the extent that make us go ‘wow’.  Overall, it’s a good place for a family meal or corporate lunch with decent food and acceptable services (not too attentive nor too rude).

Four Seasons Chinese Restaurant
Lot G16 & G17
Capsquare
No. 7, Persiaran Capital Square
Kuala Lumpur
Tel No: 03 – 2698 9393
Non halal. Open from 11.30am onwards for lunch and dinner. Closed on Sunday.

Comments

1. Have yet to try the duck here. It does look nice and plump, though.

2. cumi&ciki says:

helo! is this really the same one as the bayswater duck? Who is the owner, btw..:D just wondering why the duck is not up to par, as you say ;) lol…

That’s what came across my mind too… is it really from Bayswater?

4. Nic (KHKL) says:

ohhh, closed on sunday! phew, luckily i read this post.
    cuz u know me lar, onli weekend in kl mah. hehehe…

5. Tummythoz says:

No wow factor for me too. As for service, think they really have to employ more waiting staff. Our pot of tea went for refill and never came back!

hmmm, the duck’s skin does look softer/soggy than ideal.
    but wouldnt mind giving this place a try, I like ducks anyway.

7. Timothy Low says:

Your photo of the roast duck is FABULOUS ! Gosh, it’s making me hungrrrrrryyyy

8. wmw says:

Looks like no need to rush over for my share of duck tales! :o )

9. Nic (KHKL) says:

when i heard the name “Four Seasons”, i thought it would be very expensive. looking at the menu, the prices are quite ok lar, me thinks.

i still dunno where capsquare is…hehehe

10. Hi to all !
    Yes this is the original from the bayswater.
    me and my dad was talking about this restraunt along time.
    but now we had done our dream
    bring the delicious food to our very own malaysian country.
    this was opend in :
    China(Shanghai)
    Malaysia(KL)
    London(China Town),(Bayswater)
    Singapore(Ruffles Hotel)
    we are serving the best to you all!:}
    i wish you all can give me a call or you can Text me .
    William -0172776839
    you can call me to make arengment faster or you want it on emergency.
    you can olso call our restraunt.
    Thank you for trying!
    We hope you all LOVE it!
    William Four Season.

11. CTY says:

The duck meat look nice ~