Making Your Own / DIY Fruits Enzyme

P1250478 copy

Day 5 – See the bubbles? Enzyme bursting with energy!Enzymes are forms of complex proteins that act as catalysts in almost every biochemical process in our body. We have metabolic enzymes which play a role in all body processes including breathing, talking, moving, thinking, behavior and maintenance of the immune system. The second category is the digestive enzymes and the last category, food enzymes which presents in raw foods. Thousands type of enzymes exists, with a role to play in different organs. Some of the main functionalities of enzymes are
1) Maintain a high alkaline blood ph.
2) Improve immune system
3) Improve digestive system and aids constipation
4) Antioxidant power
5) Protect our cells from free radical damage.
6) Lower cholesterol level
My mum has learned from her friends the methods to make your own fruits enzyme. After months of consuming the enzyme drinks, she has experience significant improvement in health. It is an effective remedy for her gastric problem and instead of feeling lethargic all time, she’s feeling energetic.I’m starting on my enzyme drinks regime right now (two table spoon per day) and I want to achieve a better digestive system and go to the loo more often. *shy*However, there’s not much of information on these home made enzyme in English. I’ve found a couple of Chinese sites that explained about the goodness of fruits enzyme and the right methods of doing it.

P1250480 copy

P1250486 copy

Day 20 – Voila! Ready to drink?

1. Clean and dry all fruits, utensils and containers to inhibit mould growth at the latter stage.
  2. Arrange layers of cut fruits, sliced lemons and brown sugar starting from the bottom of the container.
  3. Repeat till the content is around 50% full as the fermentation process later will release gases and the juices may overflow if the content is too full.
  4. Brown sugar being the top layer.
  5. Close the container tightly and leave it in a dry and cool place.
  6. Remember to shake the container lightly everyday to ensure that the fruits and top part of the bottle are immersed in liquid to prevent mold growth. If required, add more brown sugar to create a more concentrated extract with high sugar content.
  7. If mould is seen, remove the affected fruits and add more brown sugar. If else failed, everything has to be disposed.
  8. The enzyme should be ready to be consumed in 2-3 weeks.
  9. Sieve the fruits and pour the juices into a new glass bottle.
  10. Keep the enzyme drink in refrigerator because cool temperature will slow down the fermentation process that will turn the enzyme into alcohol.
  11. The leftover fruits can be used as body exfoliater and fertilizer for the soil.

Dragon fruits were used for the first batch, with pineapples, oranges and grapes in the process of fermentation before the grand harvesting. It does tastes very good, with a slight tinge of alcohol. I have to remind myself, only two tablespoon per day, two tablespoon…*hish*

Comments

1. jolene says:

is it really good to drink? i’m making garbage enzyme for a start

2. Kenny says:

I started doing fruit enyzme and it is fun. My family love it.
    I heard one can use red wine instead of sugar for fermenting the fruits. Does anyone has
    any info on this. It would be a good alternative.

3. Agnes says:

Hmm… I come across your blog when i thought of getting info of making fruits/vege enzymes. By the way do u know what kind of enzymes that is suitable for hypertensions? Really luv your blog °°°

4. This sounds good and very interesting. Digestive enzymes really play a vital role in the proper digestion. Thanks for sharing. You have a great post! Congrats!

5. fadhlina says:

my est tcher have told about this before.. it’s looks great but i wonder if this enzymes are halal for the muslims…

6. james says:

Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you are a great author.I will always bookmark your blog and definitely will come back down the road. I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great writing, have a nice holiday weekend!
    .-= james´s last blog ..5 Simple Ways To Reduce Stress In Your Life =-.

7. kelley says:

We absolutely love your blog and find many of your post’s to be precisely what I’m looking for. Would you offer guest writers to write content for yourself? I wouldn’t mind composing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome web log!
    .-= kelley´s last blog ..healthy weight loss =-.

8. winson says:

I started off with 3 bottles
    i) mango + orange
    ii) promaganes + dragon fruit + peach
    iii) all the fruit skin -> gabage enzyme

the second one smell good after 1 week. I have not tasted it yet.

May I know how long to get it fermented the best?

9. ixbarr says:

it a great article..ialso experimenting this fruit enzyme.. how are you control the gaseous result from fermentation process?
    ixbarr´s last [type] ..Rasa Bergaya Ada Kad Nama!

10. y says:

Hello, thanks for this. Can we eat the fruits left from the process? They look so yummy soaked in the sweet liquid! :)

hi better not, we use the remains add with water and use it as detergent. it works perfectly

11. suji says:

Hi, do you have any updates on this. Are you still taking fruit enzyme? Thanks.

12. jenny says:

How long must we take to complete the drink —-
    Thanks you

within 2 weeks best :)

1. [...] I did some reading over the Internet to find out more on drinking enzymes . This link has very good instructions and information on fruit enzymes for drinking. Same for this link and this link. [...]