Dubrovnik Restaurant @ Solaris Mont Kiara

dubrovnik restaurant

Dubrovnik The most southern city in Croatia A magnificent city of hundreds years old… Jewel of the Adriatic

Dina was enchanted by this beautiful city: for her, it was her beautiful piece of homeland. The town was completed in the 13th century and remains virtually unchanged to the present day. In the early 1990s, Dubrovnik has endured some bombing and serious damage but the old town has been restored to its former beauty through many efforts and aids.

menu

The pretty Croatian hopes that through the food, people get to know more about her country, thus it ignites her interest in opening the restaurant at Solaris Mont Kiara. Upon an invitation from Food Street, we were fortunate enough to sample some of their signatures.

interior4interior 2

interior 3interior1

romantic settings

The two storey high restaurant has adopted a simple but elegant bright white theme which creates an atmosphere that entices guests to relax. The exposed brick wall, even in its unfinished state, is rustic yet refined. It gives the room a more casual, Mediterranean mood, and that mood is enhanced by Croatia’s travel brochures scattered across the table and a screen playing clips featuring the lovely country.

dua colori soup

Due Colori Soup (RM 18)

This is a creamy and becalming concoction of leek and cauliflower which is most likely to be appreciated by the ladies. I think it does not only appeal to the ladies, even my guy friends have dunk countless chunks of bread into the soup, and lick the bowl clean, literally.

palacinke

Palacinke (RM 20)

Palacinke is basically crepes filled with cream cheese. The cotton soft and souffle like crepes and cream cheese are baked, the crispy outer crust has elevates this simple dish to the heights it deserves.

strukli

Strukli (RM 20)

Another famous delicacy of Croatia, strukli is actually ravioli like cottage cheese dumpling sprinkled with bread crumbs and pan fried. Golden and buttery, with melted cottage cheese oozing out from the sides, this is how I defined comfort food.

pasta spalato

Pasta Spalato (RM 31)

Capsicum, spinach and chevre cheese is served on a bed of fresh hand made garganelli pasta. Garganelli are homemade combed penne from grated Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, eggs and flour dough. This is gorgeous pasta that require too much of work but the chef insist on making fresh pasta daily. Cooked al dente, the garganelli is drenched in wonderfully creamy sauce with cubes of mild and fairly salty goat cheese sans the unpleasant aroma. My mouth waters thinking about it.

rumpsteak

Rumpsteak (RM 49)

Rumpsteak, probably a tough cut of the meat, is indeed tough but flavorful. It would be better if it is cooked medium rare instead of medium well. Well, at least the filling of sautéed mushroom sandwich between the beef steak is softly textured and flavorful. The sides of sautéed potatoes with slightly toasty surface and stir fried spinach are really good too.

brodetto with potato

Brodetto with Potatoes (RM 54)

The Brodetto is an extremely rich stew overflowing with prawns, shellfish and squid in a tomato and onion base concoction with white wine. We found this stew comforting, wholesome and filled with plenty of morsels from the sea.

apple pita

Apple Pita (RM 20)

Having a seemingly insatiable sweet tooth, I can’t say no to desserts. The warm apple pie in thin crispy dough is perfect match with the icy cold vanilla ice cream. Oh-so-delicious!

stef's chocolate cake & white chocolate cake

Stef’s Chocolate Cake (RM 22) & White Chocolate Cake (RM 22)

Layers of plush, pillowy bittersweet chocolate mousse with amarena cherry serves up a chocolatey and intense flavour that is unforgettable. The white chocolate mousse tastes almost perfectly sweet – not too much or too little – just like any truly good mousse. If I were to complain, it would be the insignificant serving size for the price.

Thanks to Dina and her chef, Dubrovnik Restaurant offers an unforgettable Croatia experience in an easygoing and relaxed setting. Definitely not light on the pocket, but every dollar spent on the food and ambiance is worth while.

Dubrovnik Restaurant
J-0G-14,
Solaris Mont Kiara,
No.2,
Jalan Solaris, Mont Kiara
(further down the road from Plaza Mont Kiara, pass thru
Mont Kiara International School. Till the end, turn right and go straight. After the condos, the Solaris Mont Kiara is on your left)
Tel: 03/62036780

Comments

1. Nic (KHKL) says:

looks like an interesting cuisine to explore, i guess. eastern european flavour with little mediterranean touch.
    great environment, away from the bustling city as well.
    nice!

2. cumi&ciki says:

cool nice new place to put on my list 4whn i feel extravagant.. cheers:)

3. mimi says:

Solaris will soon to be a happening place…

feeling as though you are in dining in a european country. never know that there is one such wonderful restaurant near kl.

5. this look like a nice place to be dining! so unique and gorgeous!

the food selection sounds splendid, though a bit on the pricey side.

7. sc says:

i love cheese and obviously, you had me at ‘cheese’..hahaha
    everything looks gorgeous, a pity on the steak though, medium/ medium rare would have done justice to that piece of meat :)

Redefined Crotian cuisine! I was almost gonna bite into the Palacinke (bite the monitor more likely!)

9. daphne says:

i didnt realize that was KL! Sit down croatian dinner..that’s something different.

10. Jian says:

Woah…cheese everywhere….Me like…I really tot you went to Croatia until I saw the word Mont Kiara…hahaha! I think its time to sleep (4am now)…

Penang food craze posts are cropping up…First prawn mee..now ur laksa & currymee pula…Hehe when you guys are in Penang, I can bring you around…provided you have car…haha sorry la, I also walk to work oni :P

11. team bsg says:

would hv been perfecto with a dash of the Croatian wine.
    quite a classy looking place if your classy pixs are an indication

12. food hunter says:

wah…looks nice but damn expensive ler.. =S

13. Bubu says:

Looks like non-pork. Croatian food is mainly pork dishes… Authentic!

14. Prince of Bosnia says:

My dear fellow Malaysians. I have great responsability to inform you about grave scam and cultural violence involved in the work of the restaurant Dubrovnik! I should have you know that this cusine and all these delicious dishes are not Croatian in origin but BOSNIAN!!!

It’s traditional Bosnian cusine which Serbs and Croats adopted from Bosniaks and then mnaliciously and shamelessly advertised it as their own uner their name worldwide…

Same happend with pizza few centuries ago… Italians adopted pizza from Bosniaks and now pizza is ”Italian national simbol” what a crap!

Anyway do some research and find the truth on your own!

Welcome to Bosnia and Sarajevo – Pearl of Europe

15. keness says:

i love it…..thanks

16. keness says:

all fresh and nice.

17. Algae (KL) says:

I went there for lunch today and was very very pleased with the food. The food taste fantastic, kudos to the chef and the price is oh so reasonable. I would definitely recommend this to my friends. This would be one of my fav hang out place.

p/s: the promotional video they play on croatia got me checking out the flight ticket to zagreb ;-)

18. Leroy says:

After reading this blogpost, my friends and I decided to give this place a try and to be perfectly honest, we were deeply deeply disappointed by the entire experience. Rude supervisor on duty (quotable quotes from the bald guy with spectacles include ” Sir, what is your problem?” when we repeated requested that he split the bill for us, “I am NOT challenging you!” when I advised him never to challenge the customer.) mediocre food “ABC Soup, Pan Mee, Hailam Mee all tagged with exotic names. It was a complete waste of time and money. We should’ve gotten a clue from the way the place was COMPLETELY deserted on a Friday night. I’m not usually one for wishing others ill but I CANNOT wait to see this business fold. Terrible restaurant. Avoid at all costs.

hi i’m sorry to hear about your bad experience in dubrovnik. we went when they first open, service was impeccably good, even the lady owner herself was serving us. the food was good and fresh too, nothing to complain about. we passed by the place last saturday, it has a good crowd inside. do agree with u that bad service is intolerable, i will consider avoiding this place next time.

19. Junn says:

Hey dude, I’ve taken some picture from your blog to create an event in my facebook. I hope you don;t mind but if you do, please email me and I’ll remove it.

Regards,
    Junn

junn, no problem as long as u give credit to the source ;p

20. Philip says:

I read about the good and bad of this Croatian restaurant. First and foremost, with all respect to Leroy, I think going to such restaurants and asking for a split bill is really foolish. Can’t you split them yourselves or just divide them equally among your “friends” whats the big fuss.

But the bald guy, I will take note of him when I make my visit over. Lets see if he has hair now. I’m quite surprise they have noodles there, to cater to the local palads perhaps?? But why would I take noodles after going all the way there with my friends anyway. You should have gone for their star attractions meals.

So your comments may be true on their food, but were simply fueled by the fact that you did not get 15 other receipts for each and every buddy of yours.

21. Tasha says:

Hey there! I’m wondering, are the food HALAL? I’m thinking of taking my boyfriend there for a good dinner :)

hi the food is pork free but not halal. :)

1. [...] Original post: Dubrovnik Restaurant @ Solaris Mont Kiara | KAMPUNGBOYCITYGAL [...]

2. [...] Dubrovnik Where (is it): J-0G-14, Solaris Mont Kiara, No.2, Jalan Solaris, Mont Kiara Tel: 03/62036780 Why (here): Dubrovnik Restaurant offers an unforgettable Croatia experience in an easygoing and relaxed setting. Definitely not light on the pocket, but every dollar spent on the food and ambiance is worth while. [...]