Restoran Ho Weng Kee @ SS2, Petaling Jaya

P1150559P1150562

Another lovely overcast Sunday morning. The sun was slightly obscured by fluffy clouds. No chirping of birds but I can hear some honking around. It’s still a very delightful day for a perfect brunch. KampungBoy is so happy about making decision today (it’s his turn today) that make me grow suspicious. Usually he would just shove it off and ask me to decide on where to eat. The truth is he has been here for three times without me (!!) and to make thing worst he kept ranting and raving about the Oh So Tender beef brisket wantan mee from Ho Weng Kee.

The Wantan Mee with beef brisket (RM 5.00) is absolutely delicious. This is the fourth time KampungBoy orders this. After long hours of cooking in slow fire, the beef briskets are flavourful, fork-tender and moist. Apart from that, the noodles are springy and the sauce with dashes of sesame oil is full of flavour. KampungBoy’s colleague recommended the dried mandarin peel duck and braised chicken feet with mushroom too.

I gave the Curry Wantan Mee (RM 5.00), their house specialty a try. The curry broth is rich and aromatic, and the noodles were fine enough too, but the combination of both seems weird for me. I would prefer my curry noodles with hor fun, yellow noodles or rice vermicelli but not wantan mee.

Not satisfied with the measly small portion, we ordered the Siu Kow (dumpling) too. With a minimum order of five (RM 4.50), it comes in a bowl of hot soup with spring onion garnishing. The siu kow with beautiful classic pleats never fail to amaze us.

The RM 15 is truly well spent as I’ve decided not to be angry of him over the eaten-nice-wantan-mee-three-times-without-me matter anymore.

Ho Weng Kee
32, Jalan SS2/66
Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
(Same row as Nam Heong Chicken Rice, Sam Chen Restaurant and Digi Centre)
Closed on Tuesday. Open for Breakfast and Lunch Only

Comments

1. team bsg says:

haha the curry wanton mee makes you go weird and soggy issit ?
    We always wonder why got prawn mee no prawn kuey teow , got hokkian mee , no hokkian kuey teow , got chicken rice no chicken bee hoon ?
    hahaha then soommore no assam laksa rice ?

2. ~Christine~Leng says:

i prefer curry mee with yellow noodle or kuey teow too. but the combination of curry and wanton noodle tasted as good! Still love them :)

3. MeiyeN says:

been here and find da portion here really small.. no doubt, i love their noodles cause they are springy!

4. Big Boys Oven says:

good quality wanton noodle is the best ingredient, surprise me!

5. KampungboyCitygal says:

team: hahaha not me lar..its the noodles..good point!! why dun you set up a cafe with such eccentric menu?

christine: hahaha maybe this is my first time trying..weird

meiyen: yeah, glad that we can order some sui kows to fill up da space

bbo: haha wana go?

Hahaha… woman’s sixth sense is always accurate. I like wan ton mee with curry… something different :)

7. babelearner says:

wanton noodle is the best compare to other noodles ^^b which is either strong in alkaline or is oily =P
    wonder why wanton mee always come in small portion compare to other types of mee … mmm …

8. sc says:

yums..one of my favs for wantan mee. and let me stress..the wantan mee..not the char siew or the wantan..but the mee..love the QQ noodles :)

9. KampungboyCitygal says:

jason: haha dun ever cheat on ur gf

baby learner: yes ur right about it..hehe..small in size? yeah usually i would order 1.5 noodles

sc: actually the cha siu is quite good too

10. mama bok says:

Food looks great .. as usual.. ! i wouldn’t mind so much the wanton noodles with curry now.. coz’ i’m missing wanton noodles big time here.. !

1. [...] from SS2, Petaling Jaya. Our reviews here. [...]

2. [...] quick Google search revealed that this place was previously occupied by the infamous Ho Weng Kee, but have since stopped the business and now, taken over by a wantan mee stall from Section 17 [...]