Lunch Buffet @ Noble House Imbi

(NON-HALAL)

CAUTION: Not for the famished/starved and the on diets with weak determination!

Time flies, one week to go and it marks the end of my internship. I feel the fleeting of every moment, deeply. Everyone asks me, “Do you know what you’re doing after graduation? I feel a little bit overwhelmed because there are so many things to be considered, the pathways are blur – to continue with master or to join the rat race and ascending the corporate?

Enough of ramblings, let’s get back to the food. It was a lunch get together for the trainees aka cheap labour in my company. With a mere few hundred of allowances, we need to get a PLZ (peng leng zheng) place. Noble House lunch buffet is perfect for corporate slave with budget who emphasize on value! The RM 39++ comes with a bowl of complementary braised shark fin with crab meat and crab roe while the RM 50++ set entitles you to a bowl of double boiled stuffed shark fin in chicken wing.

As a fast growing restaurant group with a premium reputation, specializing in Fine Cantonese Cuisine, Noble house is the third outlet of Oriental’s Group of Restaurants. Noble House is awarded as The Best Restaurant 2007 by Malaysia Tattler too.

We were fairly impressed by the modern contemporary interior of Noble House where a nice flow of water and a pond full of kois causing a profound calming effect on the surrounding area.

Braised shark fin with crabmeat and crab roe. I think they use some sort of substitute instead of the real shark fin, there may be some real thing inside, I can’t be too skeptical after all. The crab meat is actually frozen filament stick coupled with some real crab meat flakes. We can’t expect too much for RM 39 right?

The peking duck wrap is a sinful indulgence, just arrange the crispy and oil laden skin on a large plate and serve it with pancakes and cucumber, spring onions and hoi sin sauce.

P1150189P1150151

Garoupa fish fillet with pamelo pulps is very good. The fillets were exceptionally light and crispy while the pamelo pulps and lime sauce give it a very refreshing touch.

Kampungboy loves the smoked chicken. The delicate smoke add good flavor to the meat and it still remain tender and juicy.

Siu Yuk
, the crispy roast belly pork is finishing really fast. The skin is very crispy (never stale) and the meat has the perfect balance of leans and fats.

P1150279P1150275
P1150175P1150186

Deep Fried Goodies

Adjourn to the hot pot selection with braised duck, braised fish, bak kut teh, la mien, ipoh hor fun, etc to fill up your tummy. Other than that, my friends gave two thumbs up to the porridge selection and pan fried section with yummy goodies such as dumpling (wo tip), cheong fun, radish cake (lobak gou).

I need not to elaborate much on the food as you can read WMW’s review here and Jackson’s 2 cents over here and here. The buffet spread is a good one, not to say stunning or exceptionally good, but for the price that we pay, it was a GREAT value for money. Perfect for a family occasion or friends get together.

P1150297P1150289
P1150213P1150214

P1150220P1150298P1150295P1150300

Obligatory pictures of our usual delicious long haired kakis just for the team. A group shot of happy gluttons with bulging tummies and contented smiles.

untitled

NOBLE HOUSE
No.19, Jalan Delima, Off Jalan Imbi, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03- 2145 8822 Fax : 03- 2141 3822

Comments

1. Mark says:

I been there once during my friend’s wedding.
    Never try their buffet. Looks extremely nice neh…

Hi, I like visiting your blog, since it really does provide lots of info and nice food pics.

However, I have a suggestion, is it okay to change back ur background to the old one? Since this new background is quite disturbing and irritating.

Sorry yeah.., just an input

3. MeiyeN says:

omg…… your pics making me really hungry now! looks so soooo yummmy…. must try asap! :D

4. Wai Sik Mui says:

Gosh!! It’s too cruel to see all these photos being so far away. Fingers crossed, hope that I can go back to KL soon and savour those yummy goodies..

5. ~Christine~Leng says:

really “peng leng zheng”! it’s not self service is it?
    and u know Joon Juin?? he’s my A-Levels classmate last time :)
    will definitely give this place a try! Oh.. such delicious looking images!

6. Jackson says:

haha… u r there!!! How come the food u try is a bit different from mine huh? Tak boleh, must visit them again!

7. teckiee says:

Is the the same place that Jackson posted a few days ago? Looks good.. must must try

8. tankiasu says:

Was that place crowded when you went there?

9. Big Boys Oven says:

oh I will definitely drop by noble house for such a bargain price!!!

10. daphne says:

man, the range of food is amazing.

11. myCoffee says:

Wah, your photos can surely help to cure a person who is suffering from “no-appetite” syndrome. :)

12. KampungboyCitygal says:

mark: of course we cant expect to food to be as nice as ala carte but for the price that we pay, its quite ok hehehe and value for $ for big eater like us

anonymous: hie there, thanks for ur support all the while, dun worry the background is a temporary thing, until end of this month. its an ad b y TM, we need $ to venture into more nice food rite :p

meiyen: ya a good place to yum cha with parents

wai sik mui: awwww, dun worry, the vuffet is valud for every sundays

christine: yeah haha hes one of the cheap labour in the firm..he loves to eat as much as us!

jackson: ya lo, i realize tat they changed the food once the plate is clear off! so new items keep coming in..how nice!

teckiee: yeah, haha guess we popularize the buffet spread

tankiasu: not reli la, but its better to make a reservation first, n be there early to take nice shots of those spreads

bbo: yeah PLZ hehehe

daphne: yeah and this is only part of my pics, theres porridge, tong suis n desserts too

mycoffee: haha hope tat it can boost up ur appetite

Scrumptious buffet spread!

14. hIEw~~ says:

hi there…been 2 ur blog numerous times but 1st time posting comment…wanna ask u when will this promo going to end? thanks

15. lynn says:

Every times go Time Squre must pass there… …i will go next time

16. KampungboyCitygal says:

jason: yeah need to diet reli soon

hiew: hie there thanks for dropping a comment..there isn’t any dateline stated in the websites..so i think the buffet is valid for every sunday and public holidays

lynn: yeah very near to time square :p

17. wmw says:

I think I only ate half the stuff here. Missed out or they didn’t serve this when I was there with my family.

oh my!~ really ‘peng leng zeng’!
    it’s such a small world! you know joon juin too?! he is my a’level class mate. haha*

19. KampungboyCitygal says:

wmw: i realize that the buffet spread is quite different every week

ai wei: yeah hehe hes one of the trainees in d company too haha..small world indeed

20. God of Food's says:

the enviroment look nice…

Looks great..mm..how about the parking area? convenient?

Fr. PJgal

22. KampungboyCitygal says:

pjgal: yeah u can park in front :)

23. natalie says:

Hi KampungboyCitygal,

Me and my Bf will be visiting KL for the very first time and I really enjoy reading your blog.All the yummy food and fantastic places you visited with Kampungboy look so nice…we will be staying over at the BerjayaTimesSquare hotel.Any suggestion of where to go for nice food around our hotel area?My bf and I enjoys Japanese food but would also love to try out local food.any suggestions of where to go?t

24. cat says:

hi
    love your blog..but its a bit lack of info ><

25. jane says:

yay..thanks for de photos..i am going to noble house with my bro n bf tis coming sunday..yahooo..

26. pinky says:

how much for children?

hi im not so sure. maybe you could give them a call?

27. Westly says: