Hie! My name is Pak Kor Meen, some people prefer to call me Shanghai rice cake or Bai Guo Gan. I’m of FooChow origins and I’m a rice flour based product. Kuey teows or any rice flour staple food are my cousins.Basically I have a uniform size, which is a good thing for me because I will never grow fatter or thinner. Girls who say that I tasted yucky are just envious of me!
I’m a stuborn piece of things you know, throw me hard on the floor and I won’t crack. What do you need to do just to get rid of me? Soaked me overnight and I’ll soften. Hahaha
The curious kitten Citygal wanted to challenge herself by coming out with a dish with me as the main ingredient. Let’s see how she get it done!
1. Soaked half a packet of the rice cake overnight.
2. Saute some garlic and onion in oil until they turned golden brown.S
3. Stir fry fish slices, chinese cabbage, mushroom and carrots until they turned soft.
4. Pour the rice cakes in and stir fry.
5. Use 2 tbsp of light soy sauce, 1 tbsp of abalone sauce and 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
6. Crack in an egg and lightly stir to create the eggy sauce.
Notes: Do not cook the rice cake too long as it will turned soft and sticky.She has done a good job right? Haha eventhough that it doesn’t look appealing at all.
239 total views, 7 views today